Imagine mac and cheese and nachos meeting over perfectly cooked past! If you are a fan of spicy foods and the fun of mac and cheese, then spicy mac and cheese would be your dream treat. This is the mac and cheese recipe baked for spicy baked macaroni and cheese. This is the best-baked recipe pumped up admirably with the spiciest cheese you can find, some jalapenos, and some easy bread crumb topping for great texture and crunch.
Serving Baked Spicy Mac And Cheese Recipe
You can serve your spicy mac and cheese hot or warm. You can serve it with crispy fried chicken tenders or classic stuffed peppers. You can also serve this dish with Southern cornbread.
Here are the ingredients you will need to prepare spicy Mac and cheese baked.
- 1 tablespoon of diced jalapeno pepper with ribs and seeds removed. (for more heat, ribs and seeds can be left in)
- 1½ cups of cooked elbow macaroni that is still firm (measure one and a half cups of dry macaroni noodles)
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of Colby jack cheese with peppers or shredded pepper jack
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of shredded of smoked mozzarella cheese
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups 2 percent milk
- 1 teaspoon of thyme leaves (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 cup of bread crumbs (fresh) – could be some French bread one day old. Do not use that squishy sandwich bread that you have in your house.
Instructions Baked Spicy Mac And Cheese
Follow the instructions below to prepare your spicy baked mac and cheese:
- Preheat the oven up to 350F
- Mix the butter, bread crumbs, and thyme leaves in a small bowl and then set them aside
- Take the butter and melt it in a high-sided pan that can accommodate more content.
- Add the jalapeno peppers and then sauté for one minute.
- Add the all-purpose flour and then stir gently. Continue stirring for about 1-2 minutes to help and allow the raw flour flavor to cook.
- Add the salt, pepper, and milk, and then cook over medium heat. Continue cooking until the sauce begins to bubble and thickens. This should take about 8 minutes or more. As you cook, stir regularly to keep the sauce from sticking. You will know that the sauce is thick enough if it coats the back of a spoon you are using.
- Add the cheeses and then stir. Continue stirring gently until the cheeses melted and smooth.
- Add the dry macaroni noodles and then stir.
- Transfer everything now into a greased baking dish
- Top it in the greased baking dish with the bread crumb mixture and then bake it. It should be uncovered while baking it. Bake until bubbly and browned. The baking time should be about 35-40 minutes.
Spicy mac and cheese baked using this mac and cheese recipe baked are extremely valuable to your body and general health as far as nutrition is concerned. This is because the dish comes complete with several types of foods, minerals, and vitamins.
Precisely, the mac and cheese baked using this recipe contain carbohydrates, fats, calories, saturated fats, vitamin A, protein, fiber, iron, sugar, calcium, iron, and so on. And since it contains pepper and is spicy, this dish promotes cardiovascular health as it is known for preventing heart and lung diseases.
This recipe is for preparing baked mac and cheese for a side dish. However, you can double this recipe if you want to have this dish as the main dish and feed everyone in your family until everyone is full.
More Related Recipes:
Mac And Cheese With Baked Beans
Mac and Cheese with Cream Cheese
Baked Mac and Cheese With Evaporated Milk
3 Best Mac and Cheese Recipe
Mac and Cheese Casserole with Eggs
Mac And Cheese Tater Tots