The mac and Cheese is the most beautiful combination. Mac and Cheese is a delectable mix that has to bring a beautiful smile to people’s lips. Thus Smoked Mac and Cheese Recipe is a one-of-a-kind recipe that is a special dish served mostly at festivals or other events. The smoked mac and cheese is the best recipe that is mouthwatering and highly satisfying. The best news is that you can cook the smoked mac and cheese recipe at home with great ease.
Once you’ve made the sweetie pie mac and Cheese, you will be making it again and again. It is the most incredible and unique recipe you can cook at home. The smoked Cheese adds sharpness and uniquely satisfying taste into the smoked mac and cheese recipe.
I had spent many years developing and refining my mac and cheese recipe. It is an enjoyable experience to cook the smoked mac and Cheese. I had cooked smoked mac and Cheese using different types of ingredients.
To get the right flavor and texture combination, there are many ingredients such as cheeses, toppings, kinds of milk, creams, and other ingredients. The perfect flavor and texture are crucial for any good mac and Cheese.
However, they are especially important for smoked mac and Cheese. The smoke must be discernible without overpowering the nuanced flavors of the Cheese and pasta beneath it.
Following this, I have managed to put all of my suggestions and information into this smoked mac and cheese recipe for you to enjoy. Here you go:
Serving Smoked Mac and Cheese
Serves: 08 people
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
Following are the main ingredients of smoked mac and Cheese:
- 1 pound macaroni noodles (elbow macaroni are recommended here),
- 1 pound of butter,
- 4 teaspoons flour,
- cream cheese, 4 ounce,
- 3 cups gruyere,
- 1 pound gouda cheese,
- 1 tablespoon powdered mustard,
- 2 cups of half and half,
- Ingredients for the Bread Crumb Topping,
- 1 cup bread crumbs (panko),
- 1 tablespoon of butter,
- Signature Sweet Rub, 2 tablespoon.
Instruction Steps for Smoked Mac and Cheese Recipe
Following, we have given detailed instruction steps of the smoked mac and cheese recipe:
- Boiling the macaroni in a Large Pan: First, boil the water in a large saucepan in the salted water and then cook the elbow macaroni noodles. When they become slightly chewy, stop boiling them. Keep in mind that it should not be too soft.
- Preheating the Smoker: Using light hardwood, you should preheat the smoker to 225 degrees F. You can use your favorite light hardwoods. Cherry or apples are my favorites.
- Cooking the Pasta: You should heat the 12 inches cast iron skillet over medium flame. Then, it would help if you formed the thin paste using 1/2 cup butter, plus flour. Now, melt it and whisk together until it forms a smooth and thin paste. Then add the mustard powder and stir to combine.
- Adding Other Ingredients: Now, you should add the half and half carefully into the paste. Try to whisk the ingredients constantly and bring the ingredients to a boil. You must reduce the heat to low and keep stirring the cream cheese until it becomes smoothest.
- Cooking the Cheese: You should keep stirring the Gouda cheese and cheddar cheese together unless they melt together. Then, try to remove the heat and cook macaroni noodles. You must also stir the cheese sauce carefully until it distributes evenly in the noodles.
- Preparing the Toppings: For the Smoked Mac and Cheese: Fetch a small bowl and combine the melted butter with panko bread crumbs and sweet rub. Then, sprinkle the Cheese and macaroni into the bowl.
- Smoking the Mac and Cheese: It is now time to keep the skillet into the smoker, cover the skillet and let it receive smoke for one hour. To get a more pungent smoker taste, you should leave the skillet inside the smoker for two hours. It will absorb the smoke quickly.
Nutritional Values of Smoked Mac and Cheese Recipe
Following, you can find the nutritional value of the smoked mac and cheese recipe:
- Total 837 calories
- 56 grams of fat
- 231 milligrams of potassium
- 2 grams of fiber
- 2 grams of sugar
- 34 grams of saturated fat
- 171 milligrams of cholesterol
- 57 grams of carbohydrates
- 30 grams of protein
- 877 milligrams of sodium
Mac And Cheese Grilled Cheese
Mac and Cheese without Milk
Mac and Cheese with Sour Cream
Southern Creamy Mac and Cheese
Mac and Cheese With Evaporated Milk
Baked Mac and Cheese With Evaporated Milk
3 Best Mac and Cheese Recipe
Smoked Mac and Cheese Recipe FAQs
What is Healthier smoking or grilling?
Many studies had been conducted recently that had concluded the results for the bbq lovers. According to recent research, smoked meats are more healthful than grilled meats. When the flames are mixed with animal fat, the intense heat poses a concern. In addition, artificial smoked flavorings – added to some meats – provide a slight danger. However, if you consume the grilled meat in moderation, the health concerns are negligible. So, we may assume that smoked mac and cheese is a healthier option to consider.
What Kind of Cheese Is the Best to Use in Smoked Mac and Cheese recipe?
You are free to smoke any cheese you like. Mozzarella and cheddar are two of the most popular cheeses to smoke. I’ve had terrific success with American, Brie, Swiss, Monterey Jack, Gouda. You can also try the Gruyere cheese. The taste of gruyere cheese is exceptionally amazing in the smoked mac and cheese recipe.
Is It Safe to Eat the Smoked Mac and Cheese?
Many people may wonder about their safety while consuming smoked Cheese. You can eat the smoked Cheese without any doubt in mind. Any hard and smoked cheese, which consists of the pasteurized milk, is safe. Another condition is that it should be stored as well as served securely in a clean atmosphere. This is also safe to eat for pregnant women. Gouda, Cheddar, and Provolone are examples of cheeses that satisfy these requirements.
Why Does Smoked Cheese Taste Better?
The expert and experienced chefs raise a unique flavor and taste into the smoked Cheese. Smoked Cheese has a distinct flavor. Smoking a cheese may impart subtle variations of meaty, earthy, toasted flavor. Smoking does not make Cheese bland or tasteless. Rather, it increases its flavor. Smoking also aids in the preservation of Cheese. So, the smoked Cheese tastes better and more heavenly.
How do you smoke Cheese?
Smoked Mac and Cheese Recipe is an exciting question as Cheese might melt at a specific temperature. So, the chef needs to set a temperate that does not dissolve the Cheese. You must maintain a temperature of less than 90°F or 32°C in your smoker. To prevent the Cheese from melting, you must set the temperature to no more than 90°F or 32°C. It would help if you created cold smoke for smoking the Cheese. It would help if you placed the Cheese on the grate of your smoker to generate cold smoke.
Try All Of The Mac And Cheese Recipes
Smoked Mac and Cheese is a unique recipe that also consists of healthful benefits. The smoke adds a unique taste to the dish, which increases its flavor to a greater extent. The best thing about the recipe is that it is easy to make the recipe. It is also convenient to smoke mac and Cheese. Just remember to preheat the smoker at the right temperature that does not melt the Cheese. So, it would help if you tried the recipe.