Best Pan Cooked Macaroni and Cheese with Vegetables
We will make Pan Cooked Macaroni and Cheese with Vegetables on the stove by using a pan. Here, we are using broccoli, carrot, and tomato. You can also add or remove any vegetables as per our choice. Cook the macaroni and add the salt correctly. Chop vegetables finely and in a small piece. As broccoli is a little bit hard, you can boil it for a few seconds to one minute. But overcooking will ruin the taste. While preparing the white sauce, be careful about the taste and texture.
It must be smooth and creamy without any lump. The sauce is one of the essential elements of this mac and cheese recipe. So, perfection is necessary to enhance the taste. As there is no use of the oven, so it will take lesser time to finish cooking. The elbow macaroni is the best choice to cook any macaroni dish, but you can choose other types as well. You can use any good quality store-bought tomato sauce. It will be better to use a non-stick pan. Always keep the flame in medium heat to avoid any burning. Ever wondered why mac and cheese are the best?
Related Recipe: John Legend Mac and Cheese
Serving of Pan Cooked Macaroni and Cheese
With this pan cooked one packet macaroni dish. It will be enough for 6-7 people. But you can also use half-packet, and decrease other quantities to cook for fewer people. It will take about 30-40 minutes to cook the dish.
If you are not so capable of chopping, then it may take more. You can finish the whole cooking with a single pan. After completing, serve the meal in an attractive tray or bowl. If needed, you can sprinkle more tomato sauce. Serve while it is hot. Pour it into a small pan and enjoy it with your family and friends.
You might be interested in Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe
Ingredients of Pan Cooked Macaroni and Cheese with Vegetables
- Macaroni 1 packet
- Broccoli 12-16 ounces chopped
- Carrot 1 cup finely chopped
- Tomato 1 cup finely chopped
- Butter 4 tablespoons
- Black pepper ¼ teaspoons
- All-purpose flour ¼ cup
- Milk 2 cups
- Cheddar Cheese 2 cups
- Salt as per the taste
- Tomato sauce 1½ tablespoon
Try The Finest Mac and Cheese With Panko
Instructions for Pan Cooked Macaroni
- Cook the macaroni in the salted boiling water and rinse under cold water. Use a strainer to drain the water. Also, boil the broccoli pieces for 1 min with the same boiling water. Keep aside.
- Now, take a large pan and put it on the stove. Use medium heat and melt the butter. Add pepper and flour and keep stirring.
- After 1-2 minutes, pour the milk slowly and mix it with the flour. Stir till it’s become thick.
- Add the cheese and salt as needed.
- When the cheese melted, add the vegetables on by one. After that, add the macaroni. Stir properly to combine that.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir a little more.
- Serve it in a bowl.
Did you ever try Mac and Cheese Casserole?
Many vegetables have used in this recipe which is very good for health. Broccoli is full of folic acid, vitamin C and K, potassium, and fiber. The tomato is another source of vitamins and mineral-like vitamin A, C, K, and potassium. In carrots, you will get vitamin A, K, B, potassium, and biotin. From macaroni you will get carbohydrates, calorie, fat, fiber, etc. calcium and saturated fat are situated in cheese.
We are calculating the nutritional value per serving of each recipe.
- The total energy of the recipe is per serving is1827 kcal, carbohydrate 141.09 g, and fiber 18.1 g.
- Cholesterol 313 mg, monounsaturated 25.771 g, and total trans is 2.266 g.
- Vitamin C is 112.1 mg
- Calcium 4259 mg, magnesium 337 mg and sodium 9602 mg.
Look at our: Mac and Cheese Burgers
This dish does not require any oven, so you can outside while camping or on a picnic where electricity is unavailable. It is a good recipe for vegetarians. You can also add a cooked chicken piece to add more flavor.
The colorful vegetable will bring a visual change as well. From toddlers to adults, everyone will love this bright and straightforward recipe. If your toddler does not want to eat vegetables, then you can trick them by cooking this tasty meal. People who have a problem with carbohydrate, cholesterol, high sodium intake, and fat should avoid this recipe.
Read our Unique Mac And Cheese