I love coffee, and I love brownies, so when I found this recipe for coffee brownies that are also gluten-free, I just had to try it. This blog post will give you all the information you need to make these incredibly delicious treats at home.
I have always been in love with traditional desserts like chocolate cake with frosting or cookies and ice cream, but sometimes being gluten-free can be challenging because most baked goods require wheat flour as the base – until now! These brownies are made from ingredients that anyone can find in their local grocery store, and they taste amazing. So if you’re in the mood for something new to bake up this weekend, why not give these a shot?
The Superb Combination Of Coffee And Brownies
People have always enjoyed coffee for its energizing properties; these coffee brownies are no different. Coffee and chocolate make a superb combination, and the coffee enhances the chocolate’s flavor, bringing it to another level. I like to use freshly ground coffee beans in this recipe, but you can also use coffee-flavored instant coffee to save time (I haven’t tried this personally, so let me know if you do).
The coffee isn’t overpowering in these brownies, but it is present and provides an excellent depth of flavor. If you’re not a coffee fan, you may want to reduce the amount of coffee called for in the recipe or leave it out altogether.
You might be interested in the History of Brownies
The Origin of Coffee Brownie Recipe
The coffee brownies recipe has been around for many years, and it’s not known exactly where the coffee brownie originated. The coffee gives them a rich, earthy flavor that makes everyone reach for another one. Plus, coffee stimulates your taste buds: sugar tastes sweeter, and hops somehow taste better with coffee, in my opinion.
These contain little to no flour and rely on cocoa powder and coffee to give these their delicious texture. Of course, you can add nuts or chocolate chips if you’d like, but I think they are great as is!
Serving of Coffee Brownies
This recipe serves 9-12 Brownies.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients for Coffee Brownies
- 1 cup (192 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (300 grams) sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder or 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup ( grams) gluten-free all-purpose
- 1/2 cup ( grams) coffee beans, ground to a coarse grind in a coffee grinder or food processor
Instructions for Coffee Brownies Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Grease the bottom and sides of the pan; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the butter until it is completely melted.
- Add coffee beans and coffee powder (or coffee granules) and stir until coffee dissolves in melted butter; remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, cocoa powder, salt, beaten eggs, and all-purpose flour to the cooled coffee mixture, then mix until smooth (be sure to scrape the bottom of your mixing bowl well).
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares.
- Store coffee brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for 3 months.
- Calories: 218kcal
- Total Fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Sodium: 102mg
- Potassium: 114mg
- Carbs: 22g (Dietary Fiber: 2g)
- Sugars: 16g
- Protein: 2g.
Coffee Brownies FAQs
My coffee brownies turned out dry; what could I have done wrong?
The most likely reason your coffee brownies turned out dry is that you baked them for too long. When baking, keep an eye on the brownies and take them out when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Can I prepare coffee brownies in advance?
Yes, coffee brownies can be prepared in advance. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge. They will last for up to 3 days. Q: Can I freeze coffee brownies?
Can coffee brownies be made with something other than coffee?
Yes, coffee brownies can also be made with coffee-flavored instant coffee or even coffee extract. You can reduce the amount of coffee called for in the recipe, though, if using section because it is very concentrated and can easily overpower the rest of the ingredients in your brownies.
How long do coffee brownies last?
Coffee brownies should last about 3 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature or up to 3 months when frozen.
One of the best things about coffee brownies’ recipes is that they are so versatile. You can add different ingredients to get a new flavor or texture. You don’t have to worry about messing up any complicated baking recipes because this recipe is super easy! Brownies are great for kids’ birthday parties, after-school snacks, dinner time desserts with ice cream on top, late-night treats while watching your favorite TV show – really anything at any time of day!