Amazing Mac and Cheese Hamburger
Have you ever tried your very own mac and cheese hamburger? If not, then you have missed out on one of the specialties of mac and cheese. Well, it is one of those recipes that you will love to introduce to your friends. And some folks will also prefer asking their friends with a restaurant to introduce this recipe. Further, it is absolutely a unique meal to try. And it is a full day meal. Have it, and forget the rest of the meals.
With the recipe we have here, you can serve 4. But if you like to increase the number, you may surely increase the ingredients. Well, make sure to increase the ingredients equally as that will help you in maintaining the taste. Further, if you wish to save the remaining burgers, you may put that in your refrigerator. But it is better that you do not store it. As heating, it again may soften the burger. And the taste may change.
Mac and cheese hamburger needs 2 hours to prepare. The total activity time, which includes the preparation of ingredients and cooling, may take up to an hour. Further, cooking takes away another hour. And that makes 2 hours in total. Well, if you have tried this recipe multiple times, the total required time may reduce. Additionally, it is easy to cook food, but it takes a lot of time.
Ingredients of Mac and Cheese Hamburger
For man and cheese hamburger, you need the following ingredients:
- A pack of macaroni, half kilograms
- Unsalted butter, 4 tablespoons
- Cheddar cheese, sharp shredded, 100 grams
- Parmesan cheese, shredded, 100 grams
- American cheese, cubed, 225 grams
- Milk, 355 ml
- Salt, 1 tablespoon
- Mustard powder, 1 tablespoon
- Cayenne pepper, 5 grams or half teaspoon
- Garlic powder, 10 grams or 1 teaspoon
- All-purpose or general flour, one and a half cups
- Eggs, large, 4
- Panko breadcrumbs, one and a half cup
- Vegetable oil, enough amount for frying 4 patties
- Ground beef hamburger patties, 680 grams
- Salt, for sprinkling and taste-making
- Pepper, for sprinkling and taste-making
- Red onion, 1 will do
- Tomato, 1 will do
Ahead of that, some guys would love to make a large burger. For that, you can add in the 4 burger buns to the ingredients.
Directions for making Mac and Cheese Hamburger
Let’s head to the recipe of mac and cheese hamburger:
- In the first step, prepare the macaroni. You will find the instructions for cooking macaroni at the back of the package. Cook it accordingly, then drain the water out. And bring them back to the pot in which you cooked them.
- Then add in the cheddar, American, and parmesan cheese. Along with that, add in the butter, salt, milk, mustard, and cayenne powders. The heat should be medium to low. Stir the mixture until the cheese gets melts. Stir until all the ingredients combine.
- Once the mixture is combined, turn the heat off. Take a parchment paper and spread it in a tray. Now begin spreading the mixture onto the paper. Make sure to spread it evenly. After all the mixture is spread, cover the tray with plastic wrap, and put it into the freezer for almost half an hour.
- After the cooling process, begin the cutting process. Cut the mixture into a round shape of 4-inches diameter. You can use a round container for that or around mold if you have. Further, that will make 6 to 8 round pieces of macaroni mixture.
- Now pour general purpose flour, the panko breadcrumbs, and eggs separately in different bowls.
- Pour vegetable oil into a skillet, and preheat it. The temperature of the oil should reach 350oF.
- Take each piece of macaroni mixture and dip it in flour, then egg, and then breadcrumbs. An even coating of crumbs shall form on every macaroni mixture.
- Put the macaroni mixture pieces in the heated oil and fry each of them for almost 4 minutes. They should turn golden brown.
- Remove each piece using the oil filtration spoons or the slot spoons. Further, put them on a paper napkin to dry.
- Now it is the time for a ground beef hamburger. Season salt and pepper on the hamburgers as per your choice. Sprinkle it or season them. Then put into the skillet, preferably cast iron, and sear or fry them per your desired level. During the process, keep on flipping the patties.
- Place the hamburger on a mac and cheese piece: place onion and tomato slices. And then put another mac and cheese piece on the top. Repeat the process until all burgers are ready.
Your mac and cheese hamburger is ready! Well, if you wish to fold it into the burger buns, you may also do that. But make sure it will make an enormously large burger.
Nutritional Value of Mac and Cheese Hamburger
Mac and cheese hamburger has 3,850 calories. Further, the nutritional value includes:
- 280 grams of fat
- 197 grams of carbohydrates with 8 grams of fiber and 21 grams of sugar
- 133 grams of proteins
Read More Mac And Cheese Recipes
A mac and cheese hamburger is the meal for the entire day. Three thousand eight hundred fifty calories mean you have more than what you burn every day. If you wish to take more of these burgers, add some workout to your routine.