The chicken nugget sandwich is a great way to taste delicious fried chicken without all of the hassles. Instead, the breaded and fried meat is placed between two pieces of soft, buttered toast with lettuce and tomato for an easy-to-make meal that kids love. Depending on preference, this simple recipe can be made in just a few minutes in a pan or the oven. It’s a great dish for any occasion!
Chicken Nuggets Sandwich Origins
Chicken nugget sandwiches were invented in the home of Robert Baker. He fried chicken meat between two pieces of bread in his kitchen, and it became a hit with family and friends. It then went on the menu at Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurants across America.
Inventor Robert Baker’s Inspiration For The Invention Of The Chicken Nugget Sandwich
Robert Baker came up with chicken nuggets because he was curious how meat could stay moist while frying. He tried it on his friends and family, and they liked it. So he went to the school fair to try selling them there. When he sold over 10,000 sandwiches in one day, he knew that people liked them too!
Chicken nugget sandwiches are a good meal. They are healthy and easy to make. Chicken is also good for kids because it has protein and vitamins that help them grow and develop. You can eat chicken nuggets alone or with other food like chips or fries on the side.
- They are cheap and easy to make: The ingredients for chicken nuggets are also cheap. For example, if you buy a whole chicken then you can use that as your chicken ingredient for making the sandwiches. You will not spend much to prepare this meal.
- They taste good and they come in many flavors: Chicken nugget sandwiches taste really good especially when it is hot and fresh from the kitchen. Different companies make different flavors of these sandwiches.
- You can eat them for snack or lunch: You can eat chicken nuggets sandwich any time of the day. They are good for breakfast, snacks and lunch. Kids love to eat these sandwiches because they are fun to make especially with their favorite flavors.
- They are healthy too!: Chicken is also a great source of protein. You can get 13 grams of protein if you have 100 grams of boneless chicken meat. These sandwiches are also low in fat and calories which is very good since most adults and kids nowadays want food that has lower calories and less fats than the normal cuisine we consume every day .
This recipe serves 2 People
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes for chicken nuggets
- 10 chicken nuggets,
- 2 sandwich bun,
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (or more to taste),
- 1/8 teaspoon dill pickle juice or vinegar (optional),
- 1 piece lettuce, sliced thin,
- 1 tomato slice, sliced thin.
- Prepare chicken nuggets by placing them in a 375 degree Fahrenheit (191 C) oven for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and place chicken nuggets on a plate to cool for 5 minutes.
- While chicken nuggets are cooling, prepare lettuce and tomatoes by cutting them into thin slices.
- Combine mayonnaise with dill pickle juice or vinegar and mix well in a small bowl (optional). Set aside.
- Place chicken sandwich bun onto an iron skillet over medium heat to lightly brown the bread edges; flip the chicken sandwich bun once each side is lightly browned and remove from pan when it is done!
- Assemble chicken nugget sandwich by placing 5 chicken nuggets onto a chicken sandwich bun and topping with lettuce, tomato slices, and mayonnaise sauce (optional).
- Calories: 489 kcal
- Fat: 20g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Sodium: 845mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrates : 30g
- Sugar : 7g
Frequently Asked Question
How Do I Make Chicken Nugget Sandwiches Healthier?
One way to make a chicken nugget sandwich lighter is by using mayonnaise that is less fat or making the nuggets from scratch. You can make them with whole chicken breasts and flour instead of flour that has been stripped of all nutrition.
Can Chicken Nugget Sandwiches Be Made In The Oven?
Yes, chicken nuggets for sandwiches can be made in the oven. 1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (191 C). 2) Place the sandwich buns on a greased baking sheet and bake them for 5 minutes. Flip the buns once each side is browned lightly. 3) Remove the bun from the oven and put chicken nuggets, lettuce, tomato slices, mayonnaise sauce (optional), and serve.
What Are Chicken Nugget Sandwiches Made Out Of?
Chicken nugget sandwiches are made by putting chicken nuggets between two buns. You can put toppings on them like lettuce, tomato slices, and mayonnaise sauce.
Try All Of Our Chicken Recipes
This recipe is a great way to try something new and enjoy the flavors of your favorite fast-food sandwich without all the calories. The best part about cooking at home is that you can control what goes in it, so there are no preservatives, additives, or trans fats. In addition, you have complete autonomy over how much salt, pepper, garlic powder, and even sugar get added. So go ahead and make this chicken nugget sandwich for yourself tonight!
Check More Chicken Recipes:
Homestyle Ranch Chicken Club