I had never heard of mac and cheese nuggets before, but my friend told me about them. They are made of macaroni and cheese that is shaped into little pieces. Then they are covered in breadcrumbs and fried. They looked cute, too! I got to try them at a potluck dinner. They were delicious, crunchy on the outside, creamy on the inside! The tough part is waiting for them to cool down so I could eat all of them up!
What Are Mac And Cheese Nuggets?
Mac and cheese nuggets are macaroni and cheese that have been shaped into little bites. These delicious macaroni and cheese balls are then breaded with panko breadcrumbs and fried until they become crispy on the outside and macaroni and melted cheesy goodness on the inside.
You can serve mac and cheese nuggets warm or cold, so they’re perfect for taking to a party, saving for later in the fridge, or reheating when you get home from work! They go well with any sauce you could imagine ketchup, barbecue sauce, marinara sauce…And, mac & cheese nuggets go perfectly with almost any side.
This Recipe Serves 6 People
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Frying Time: 10 Minutes
I needed For mac and cheese nuggets
- 2 cups elbow macaroni,
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (you can use Colby jack or mozzarella if you prefer),
- ½ tsp salt,
- ½ tsp garlic powder,
- Vegetable oil for frying.
- Add the macaroni to a pot of boiling water. Cover it and let it cook for about 10 minutes. Drain the water from your noodles. In a separate bowl, mix the noodles, cheese, salt, and garlic powder.
- Form mac and cheese balls by putting the macaroni and cheese mixture into your hands. Roll it up so that you have a ball about 2 inches in diameter. Make sure to put them on a plate or tray so that they are ready for breading.
- Bread mac and cheese nuggets by dipping them in flour, then egg, then panko breadcrumbs. As you do each step, place the nugget back on the plate or tray before moving on to the next step.
- Then, repeat with mac and cheese nuggets for a second time by dipping them in flour, no need to wash between steps this time, then egg (no need to wash between), and lastly, panko breadcrumbs. If there is any leftover macaroni at the end of this recipe, feel free to use it up in another ball or freeze it for later use!
- Prepare the mac and cheese balls. Heat about 2-3 inches of vegetable oil in a deep pot over medium-high heat until it reaches 350 degrees F/175 degrees C (use a candy thermometer to check the temperature).
- Once mac and cheese balls have been breaded, carefully drop them into hot oil for about five minutes until they’re golden brown. Use a stovetop splatter screen to prevent oil from popping out of the pot and getting all over your counters or floor!
- Remove mac and cheese nuggets from hot oil with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel-lined plate. Allow mac and cheese nuggets to cool for at least 10 minutes so that they can crisp up before eating them. Once cooled, you can serve macaroni & cheese bites plain or with a side of ketchup, barbecue sauce, or marinara sauce. Enjoy!
- Calories 150
- Sugar 0.0g
- Fat 6.3g
- Fiber 0.1g
- Protein 2.2g
Frequently Asked Questions
What If Mac And Cheese Nuggets Break On Me While I’m Breading Them?
If your mac and cheese nuggets are breaking or not coming out right, add a little more mac and cheese to the mix. They will still taste good.
How Long Can Mac And Cheese Nuggets Be Kept In The Fridge?
Mac and Cheese nuggets last about 2 days. If there are leftovers, put them in an airtight container. To reheat the mac and cheese bites, you need to heat some vegetable oil to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C. The macaroni and cheese nuggets will take 5 minutes until they are golden brown. Use a stovetop splatter screen so that oil won’t get all over your counter or floor!
How Long Will Mac & Cheese Nuggets Be Good Once Fried?
Macaroni and cheese nuggets are best when they have been fried. If you do not eat them all, then they will last for about 1-2 days in a container that is closed tight in the refrigerator.
What Size Macaroni Do I Use For Mac & Cheese Nuggets?
For mac and cheese nuggets, you can use elbow macaroni or macaroni. You can also mix the two types of pasta to make it more interesting. How many calories are in Mac and Cheese Nuggets? Mac and Cheese Nuggets have about 150 calories per serving size, about 1/2 a ball of Mac & Cheese.
Mac and Cheese Nuggets are macaroni balls with mac and cheese in the middle. It is macaroni in the center, which is baked with mac and cheese on top. They are usually served cold but are best when they are hot. They can be served on a sauce made from this recipe book, which is made by adding flour to milk and butter, salt, pepper, and onion powder. This recipe is very easy to make, isn’t it? Hopefully, you guys enjoyed this Recipe Book! If so, please share it with your family and friends! Thank you for reading my Recipe Book. See you soon in another Recipe Book! Goodbye!